About the job
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We are currently looking to hire a Utilities Relief Operator based in Bridgeton, NJ!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant boilers, air compressors, refrigeration units, cooling towers, water softeners, and other utility systems in a safe manner
- Monitor the operation o the plant Dissolved Air Flotation Unit and make appropriate contact to obtain assistance when problems are noted
- Assist with and provide support for the maintenance of the plant including installation, repairing, maintaining, setup, troubleshooting, and-or operating Plant Utility Systems.
- Monitor and maintain the correct boiler chemistry. In addition, ensures proper operation of chillers, cooling towers, waste-water treatment facility, and chemical addition systems.
- Conduct facility preventative maintenance and repairs for all equipment as directed.
- replaces packing on pumps and valves, motor and pump bearings, seals and sleeves. Adjusts shaft alignments, worn pats, bearings, seals, lubricates motors and gearboxes.
Qualifications for this role include:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience (GED)
- Four years of industrial maintenance experience preferred (mechanical, electrical, electronic a plus)
- Must possess a valid NJ Blue Seal Operators License for operation of the boilers
- Must possess a valid NJ Blue Seal Operators License for operation of refrigeration in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, Evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf