About the job
The job is situated in the Logistics & Warehouse department of the Site, where plant-based drinks are made. The Logistics department covers two different activities, on the one hand Logistics and Supply Chain Planning who are responsible for planning and scheduling the inbound and the outbound materials, ingredients, finished inbound goods and finished outbound goods, and the other section of the department is the Warehouse in Kettering where all of the deliveries are unloaded, put away, supplied to Production, picked when finished and supplied to customers
Given the nature of the product, high requirements are set with regards to observing rules and procedures in the areas of safety, food safety, quality, good manufacturing practices (GMP), HR and environmental protection. After having obtained their Line Manager’s consent where appropriate, it is the job holder’s responsibility to implement improvements to ensure the most efficient use of employees, machine capacity and basic and auxiliary materials.
- Applied knowledge of safety standards for transports with manual and electric pallet truck, fork-lift truck, reach truck, VNA trucks and scissor lift
- Applied knowledge of rules of how to stack pallets on manual and electric pallet truck, fork-lift truck, reach truck, VNA trucks and scissor lift
- Applied knowledge of picking rules.
- Applied knowledge of rules of how to load trucks (mainly standard sizes & weights) and how to secure the load.
- Applied knowledge of rules and procedures in the areas of safety, food safety, quality, good manufacturing principles, HR and environmental protection.
- Applied knowledge of standard and company-specific software (including SAP).
- Knowledge of English, (Hand gestures for communication with foreign-language speakers from external companies, if needed).
- GCSE standard or equivalent
- Be able to communicate in both written and verbal English
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
- Awareness of food allergen & basic food hygiene
- Working knowledge of IT systems such as MS Office
You will be joining a dynamic, winning team, with a keen focus on delivering in the safest way possible. We have recently surpassed our site record for accident free days and are actively working with our WISE2 (Working in a Safe Environment) systems to enhance our H&S record. There are three sites across Europe within the Alpro Group and we are proud to hold some of the group records for output. You will be encouraged to join teams to help support change and a culture of continuous improvement.