Tentang lowongan ini
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We are looking for a Quality Food Safety Manager for our specialized nutrition manufacturing plant in Cedar Knolls, NJ. As a member of the Plant Leadership Team, the Manager, Plant QFS (Quality & Food Safety) will oversee the plant quality department and contribute to the overall, long-term success of the organization. The Manager, Plant QFS will deliver the value promises to the customer and consumer by ensuring conformity in product, processes, and behaviors. Act as guardian of compliance to legal and regulatory standards (master governance) by driving the delivery of the “best product every day, every time" and acting as a product superiority ambassador at the plant level.
Finished Product Superiority
- Ensure Food Safety & Conformity of all products delivered to market, consistently with the plant’s overall safety, quality, cost, delivery, mobilization, and nature scorecard specifications.
- Responsible to validate and sign all specifications related to raw materials, packaging, and finished product, including workflow validations associated with the plant.
- Ensures full compliance with finished product Quality & Food Safety Sampling /Control / Monitoring plan.
- Ensures compliance with Local regulations, global Danone procedures and systematically execute against Danone North America specifications.
- Drive the culture of quality at the plant level - support KPI tracking and improvement.
- Build / animate and implement solid action plans for key Quality metrics (KPI's) including but not limited to consumer complaints, right first time, specification conformance, and cost of non quality.
Quality in all the Plant Processes and Projects
- Act as primary point of contact for quality at plant level: ensure quality voice presence for all matters within the plant.
- Establishment and leadership of the plant’s Quality Pillar within the company’s TPM/Lean program.
- Ensure full compliance with Raw & Packs & Process Quality & Food Safety Sampling, Control and Monitoring plan.
- Manage external lab relationships ensuring on time delivery and compliance to internal testing standards.
- Accountable for the plant metrology program (calibrations) and Quality & Food Safety preventive maintenance (cPM) program.
- Ensure full compliance with the Danone Food Safety Policy, and Danone’s standard's execution – including cross business unit and Specialized Nutrition requirements and compliance with Federal, Local and International regulations (among other required certifications).
- Organize with suppliers & sourcing quality and implement incoming inspection processes with consistent feedback for suppliers.
- Develop process capability & quality visual management at all steps of the manufacturing process (incoming, production, storage, maintenance, etc.).
- Eradicate critical Q&FS issues through a systematic PDCA approach as they arise. Manage non-conformance & continuous improvement in timely manner.
- Accountable for product release and rules for non-conforming product management.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and environmental programs.
- Promote Risk Assessment and “Built-in Quality” in all projects: productivity, new products, new equipment in compliance with Danone Global Technical Standards, regulatory standards, etc.
- Responsible for the facility Food Safety and Hazard Control Plan - including but not limited to monitoring, verification and validation activities.
- Organize audits vs internal & external referential and use them as improvement opportunities, leading plant action plans to address audit findings.
People and Processes Management
- Continuously engage key stakeholders inside and outside the organization on quality initiatives (This includes plant leadership, universities, federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, corporate function representatives, etc.).
- Communicate and assure the execution of QFS policies including the escalation and communication of issues and results in a timely manner.
- Lead by setting behavioral examples aligned with the Danone Leadership Behaviors.
- Build and manage the Q&FS budget for the plant (FTE, Opex, Capex) in collaboration with the Plant Director and with Corporate Quality.
- Manage and animate all certifications systems, including but not limited to GFSI/FSSC 22000 Certification, USDA Dairy Plant, etc.
- Organize trainings & coach plant teams for daily quality management, particularly cross functional leaders.
- Develop the Quality team and promote growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
The base compensation range for this position is $97,000-110,000 commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work both remotely and in office when desired.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- You have experience managing food safety systems (HACCP, ISO22000, FSSC22000 or related systems)
- You have highly developed communication, leadership, interpersonal, project management skills, coupled with organizational sensitivity and the ability to influence key decision makers at all levels.
- You act as a change agent who can build positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect.
- You have technical expertise in finding root cause of quality issues and implementing best solution possible.
- You have formal root cause analysis training, preferred, and must be demonstrated.
- You can sift through data to find key factors that contribute to a successful product and the ability to communicate this information to non-technical plant leaders and employees.
- You can anticipate and prepare 3–5-year strategic vision for Quality excellence.
- You are knowledgeable of local, state, and federal quality food safety regulations.
The Manager, Plant QFS does not have direct reports. Position may also occasionally be responsible to provide temporary supervision to the manufacturing team.
Work is conducted in office, manufacturing, and warehouse environments. This role should be able to lift 30 pounds.
You have a bachelor’s degree in food science, engineering or microbiology or related field, with a minimum of 10 years food manufacturing experience in a Quality/Manufacturing environment required. Prior experience in the food, formulas or medical food industry is desired.
- Team member with ability to positively influence peers in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexible and pro-active approach to work to ensure timely delivery of site objectives.
- Creative approach to problem solving, root cause and corrective action implementation.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family as well as medical nutrition brands such as Neocate. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entering the workplace. Please note that employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations. Danone can change company protocols at any time depending on local, state, and federal regulations.