About the job
Job Title – Community Enteral Nurse
Location: South Wales (primarily based in Aneurin Bevan University Health Board)
Hours: Monday - Thursday 08:45 - 17:15, Friday 09:00- 16:00.
Are you a Registered Nurse looking for a fresh start with a company who really takes care of their staff and where you will find great work/life balance? Are you longing for a role where you manage your own appointments with patients so you can give them the time they need, working as part of a friendly and supportive team where no two days are the same? If so, look no further!
Here at Nutricia we care for our staff as much as our patients! We pride ourselves in taking care of our employees’ health and well-being and our nurses say they feel supported and receive robust clinical guidance. Autonomy and management of your own diary will enable you to create a healthy work-life balance that works for you; something we actively encourage!
We are looking for a Nursing and Midwifery Council registered nurse to join our team in this is a community-based role supporting our South Wales account, primarily based in the Anuerin Bevan University Health Board, working with both Adults and Children.
As an autonomous practitioner on the road, you will provide dedicated enteral feeding care to patients in the comfort of their own homes, including tube changes. You will also provide training to support safe and speedy hospital discharges, regular patient reviews, as well as trouble shoot to help prevent unneeded hospital stays. You will also play a vital role in providing training to healthcare professionals to keep them up to date with the latest safe practice in relation to tube feeding.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills to confidently liaise with patients, families and healthcare practitioners
- Be independent, self-motivated and able to manage their own diary with minimal supervision
- Be a registered Nurse (RGN, RSCN or RNLD) with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Ideally have PEG experience, although full training provided
- Be competent in the use of technology, including Windows programmes such as Outlook, Word and video conferencing such as Zoom, MS Teams as well as using a tablet and smart phone
- Live within, or be willing to travel to the South Wales area.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across three divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Light & Free), Specialised Nutrition (Nutricia, Aptamil, Fortisip, Complan).
Specialised Nutrition is the newly formed entity bringing together two previously separate divisions, Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition, offering nutritional solutions with the shared goal of improving the health and well-being of vulnerable individuals, from the first day of pregnancy into old age.
We are a people powered business, characterised by trust. We value output and personal contribution, enabling ‘Danoners’ to be their most energised, healthy and productive selves.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive salary, (including London weighting where relevant), and annual bonus
- Generous overtime payments for covering very occasional out of hours telephone advice service
- Company Car
- A lunch allowance
- Bupa Private Medical Insurance & Health cash plan
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing up to 27 days with service (with the ability to purchase an additional 5 days!)
- An excellent pension scheme with up to 12% contribution by the Company
- A comprehensive Flexible Benefits Package which you can select from to suit your lifestyle
- Payment of Nursing and Midwifery Council re-validation and Royal College of Nursing membership
- Stationery costs reimbursed
- Product vouchers
- Access to Bupa Healthy Minds mental health support program
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A fully supported blended learning induction programme, including RCN accredited Enteral Specialist Care learning modules
- Discounted gym membership and even on-site gyms in some of our hubs!
- An approachable and highly trained Clinical Practice Manager and Human Resources team to support you throughout your career.
- A rich CPD programme spanning both clinical and non-clinical competencies to support continuous professional development and contribute towards NMC re-validation
- The opportunity to develop your skills and grow in a specialist arena as part of a global organisation
- Regular team meetings and clinical supervision
If you think this role might be of interest, click the link to apply. If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment Specialist, Anne Fitzsimons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-UK #nursingcareers #nursingjobsuk