AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
About the job
Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across three divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Shape), Early Life Nutrition (Aptamil, Cow & Gate) and Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition (Neocate, Fortisip).
Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition, which constitute the Specialized Nutrition category, offer nutritional solutions with the shared goal of improving the health and well-being of vulnerable individuals. This ambition stretches from the first day of pregnancy into old age, with similar activities in terms of innovation and scientific research. Specialized Nutrition focuses on allergies, from prevention to treatment, with Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition working hand-in-hand to foster synergies and strengthen Danone's leading position in this sector. The Nutricia brand is a key asset for both businesses, thanks to a medical legacy of more than 120 years and a recognition of health leaders around the world.
Nutricia is Europe’s largest specialist nutrition company and the market leader in the UK. We specialise in the delivery of medical nutrition for the very young, the old and the sick, supplying high quality feeds to patients and consumers. Our purpose is to pioneer nutritional discoveries that help people live longer, healthier lives.
When it comes to finding a great place to work there are plenty of things to look for: inspirational colleagues, freedom in your job to make a real difference, and a shared ethos you can truly believe in. Throw in top perks, a responsive and dynamic environment and unrivalled opportunities to develop personally and professionally and you’ve found something pretty special. You’ve found Danone.
Here at Danone we put people at the centre of everything we do – whether we’re developing ground-breaking new products, taking care of individual patients, or supporting the community. And if you join us you can expect exactly that sort of attention too.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for the exciting position of Quality Control Laboratory Administrator. This role that focuses on the daily operations of Laboratory Administration function in relation to all sample management including retain, purchase ordering, sample requests, external testing and sample delivery. The right person will be an excellent communicator, super organised, meticulous, system savvy, and a stickler for Heath, Safety and Quality procedures. You will enjoy working within a team function and able to work under pressure and to deadlines. You will split your time working within the laboratory and delivery samples therefore some manual work will be required. Previous experience in a laboratory environment and knowledge of SAP/LIMS system is preferable. In return you’ll get a starting salary circa £21k + bonus and a fantastic benefits package and salary dependant on your experience.
What will I be doing day to day?
• Maintaining KPI's within the cell structure
• Booking in process by established SOP's
• Processing resamples requests for additional testing
• Maintenance of Finished goods and Raw Materials retained stores
• Processing purchase orders for consumables and equipment for the Quality Department
• Basic problem solving
• Assisting with continuous improvements
• Anticipate problems and put in place corrective actions
• Assisting in relation to out of specification results and investigations
• Assisting in the introduction and validation of new methods and equipment
• Performing Customer Experience checks
• Scoop weight analysis and reporting
• Undertake training as required by Nutricia
• Comply with Health and Safety Standards
• Maintenance and writing of new SOP's
• Deputise for other team members in relation to Sensory analysis, External sample reporting and Booking in process