About the job
At Danone, we believe every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. As the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands, we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has over 6,000 team members across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our people enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Essential Functions The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of the company.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format and completed with all required information, against PM schedule.
- Perform PM on facilities equipment to enhance uptime conditions.
- Completes preventative maintenance and other reliability tasks, assist in diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds of facilities equipment and buildings; partner with engineering or others on non-routine repairs and projects.
- Use CMMS system to track maintenance action items for daily schedule and priority.
- Follow QMS, Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S methodology to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, maintaining audit ready status at all times.
- Communicates effectively with OPEX Leaders, Production Leaders, Reliability Leader, Engineering and other operations and warehouse colleagues.
- Supports plant production needs and priorities to achieve plant goals.
- Comply with all regulations, policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot issues with electrical or controls when needed
- Responsible for maintaining the facilities and general facility repairs.
- Attend and practice all required training.
- Other duties as assigned or become evident.
- Key responsibility to manage facility and building issues including managing contractors on site to resolve identified problems and concerns.
- Flexibility if required to work overtime as required
- Assist Operations department as needed
- Any other assigned tasks
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma (GED)or technical school diploma required.
- 3 years General Contractor construction experience required.
- Minimum 3 years as electrician, HVAC or plumbing apprenticeship underneath a licensed specialty preferred.
- 2-3 years food or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus.
- Certification and/or experience to operate heavy/industrial equipment, lifts, fork trucks, trucks, etc. preferred.
- Competence in General Building and Grounds Maintenance (yard, painting, lights, etc.) preferred.
- A thorough understanding of boiler operation and maintenance, feed water treatment, combustion and controls common to boiler operations; maintenance and operation of compressed air systems is a plus but not necessary as training will be provided.
- Electrical safety knowledge and good practices are a must.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to self-motivate to meet demands established by PM schedule and plan work activities.
- This position is a self-driven/self-motivated individual capable of working proficiently, both independently and as part of a team, without direct supervision.
- In depth understanding of and commitment to established values and strategy.
- Basic understanding of computers required.
- Good oral and written communication skills a must.
- The successful individual must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization.
- Key skills should include general carpentry, electrical (residential/commercial electric experience a plus), plumbing, welding and HVAC systems.
- The successful candidate must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf