About the job
The Nutricia Care Speech and Language Therapist will deliver best care to residents with Dysphagia and communication difficulties in nursing homes accessing the Nutricia Care service, in line with the Nutricia Care strategy.
- Conduct Dysphagia assessments and develop care plans for patients in community residential care facilities in the Leinster area.
- Provide technical support and advice on the Nutricia Dysphagia product range to health care professionals (HCPs) and their patients
- Conduct training with staff in nursing homes
- Support nursing home catering teams to optimise menus for residents with Dysphagia
- Liaise with territory partners to manage relationships with key stakeholders and HCPs in Nutricia Care nursing homes in the region
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop support materials and resources for HCPs caring for patients with Dysphagia
- Deliver projects as a member of the Nutricia Care SLT and HCP teams to drive innovative clinical solutions to Nutricia Care nursing homes
- Meet continuous education requirements and maintain CORU registration
Scope & Impact
- As part of the cross functional Nutricia Care team, the SLT will contribute actively to providing a high level of service to Nutricia Care nursing homes and support the team to gather intelligence and develop services that differentiate and innovate.
- Responsible for ensuring excellence in the provision of Dysphagia & communications expertise to nursing homes in line with the Nutricia Care strategy.
- Travel flexibility is important in this role.
- Occasional travel to Head Office for meetings and also to national and regional team meetings also required.
- Will report directly to the Speech & Language Therapist team lead & indirectly to the Senior Medical Affairs Manager responsible for Nutricia Care
- An active member of the Nutricia Care healthcare professional team which includes SLTs, Dietitians and Tissue Viability Nurses
- Will work closely with other field-based colleagues, particularly the community sales team supporting nursing homes in the same geographical territory
- All HCPs involved in the nutritional care of nursing home residents – staff nurses, catering, GPs, AHPs.
Skills & Experience
- CORU registered Speech & Language therapist
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months clinical experience managing patients with Dysphagia.
- Full driving license
- Strong time management, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to establish trust and credibility with health care professionals
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
We offer a competitive package pension, annual bonus, private healthcare, life assurance . You will also be entitled to opt into a range of flexible benefits which you can pick to suit your lifestyle.
Our mission and values guide how we behave, our flexible ways of working, how we connect with our communities and how we grow & develop our people. This is reflected in our employee offer; for example, our health & wellbeing programme, sponsored volunteering opportunities and in how individuals are enabled to drive their own development.
“Ensuring an inclusive working culture that is accessible to all is important to us. We therefore support flexible ways of working wherever possible. Please let us know in your application if and how you would like to explore flexible working for this position.”
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th December 2021
After this date applications will be screened and you will be contacted to confirm next steps.