About the job
Field-based role covering the South of Tyne, Durham, Teesside and then North Yorkshire, Hull & East Riding.
Mission of the Role
- Leverage the Nutricia contracts to maximise community contractual business & drive branded discharges throughout the health economy.
- Tailor-make value offerings to key accounts and within selected Therapeutic Areas and health needs.
- Seek opportunities to drive brand within competitor accounts and uncover opportunities through formularies and CCG KOLs to drive our brands across the CCGs and HBs
SALES AND PROFIT
- Prepare & implement business plans across Nutricia accounts and targeted competitor accounts. Monitor against defined KPIs/targets
- Drive Sales & market share growth of SN portfolio across Nutricia and designated competitor accounts
- Implement strategies/sales campaigns & achieve against set KPIs/sales targets
- Monitor and review sales results/KPIs & market intelligence against targets and set action plans to drive sales volume and CO
- Lead the internal planning process and external delivery of the account quarterly CRMs
CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT & STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Identify key HCP customers who influence community prescribing and develop sustainable relationships in order to sell SN portfolio and services in line with the customer needs
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure effective positioning of SN brands/services on guidelines/policies
- Identify and profile new customer groups representing future business opportunities within the contracting cycle and within the therapy specialist
- Engage cross functionally to drive business growth/ROI in all customer accounts & deliver against agreed customer expectations
- Prepare, analyse and report on calls in order to progress the relationship and develop skills.
- Effective management and mobilisation of KOLs/Commercial advocates. Involvement in customer symposiums, educational meetings as appropriate
PEOPLE/CROSS FUNCTIONAL WORKING
- Ability to appropriately challenge ways of working and develop solutions across the teams to the benefit of SN
- Desire & ability to improve performance and share best practice as a team player
Interactions - Internal & External
- Internal – RBM, Regional and wider Healthcare Adult team incl Strategy Adult Nutrition, Healthcare Development & Contract Strategy, Medical Science & Market Access, Homecare & CS/nursing teams as relevant
- External – Relevant HCPs (clinical nurse specialists, community matrons, District & community nurses, Community Dietetics, SLT,s, Pharmacists and GP’s) Local key opinion leaders & commercial advocates – update of CAT tools etc
Scope & Impact
- Reporting into L8 Regional Business Manager
- Adult & faltering growth portfolio
- Activity Targets
- Net sales for Adult & faltering growth category
- Market Share for Adult & faltering growth category
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Proven history of strong sales performance ideally in a healthcare or pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience of developing and delivering against sales strategy
- Evidence of effective cross functional working
- Selling, negotiation & key account management skills
- Strong understanding of the changing NHS
- An understanding of competitive tender models & experience of formulary inclusions
- Demonstrates ability to work in line with Danone values (CODES Focus)
- To live in the territory stated above
Danone is embarking on an exciting global transformation to its strategy and organisational set up and we want you to be part of that journey! The importance of eating and drinking healthy nutritional products is stronger than ever and the chance to adapt and evolve through digital transformation is upon us. We want to embrace these opportunities to build a more agile, integrated and synchronised organisation powered by our people.
We are a leading food and drink company with a fast-growing health-focused portfolio. With over 100 years of expertise, we care about every product we make, and we care equally about how we make them. We operate at 5 production sites as well as offices in the UK & Ireland- led by our people who power everything we do and are key to our success. We are a team of 2000+ Danoners, part of a 100,000 strong global family.
Danone is a people powered business, characterised by trust. We value output and personal contribution, enabling ‘Danoners’ to be their most energised, healthy and productive selves. In working our way, we recognise that work and home life are blended and that it is output that matters, meaning that value creation can be generated from any location in mainland UK, balancing the nature of your role, the business and stakeholder needs.
Our brands include; Volvic, Evian, Harrogate, Activia, Alpro, Actimel, Nutricia, Aptamil and Cow & Gate.
We offer a competitive package including a double matched pension, annual bonus, private healthcare, life assurance and product vouchers. You will also be entitled to opt into a range of flexible benefits which you can pick to suit your lifestyle.
Our mission and values guide how we behave, our flexible ways of working, how we connect with our communities and how we grow & develop our people. This is reflected in our employee offer; for example, our health & wellbeing programme, sponsored volunteering opportunities and in how individuals are enabled to drive their own development.
If you think this role might be of interest, click the link to apply.
You can find further details about us, and other potential roles at www.danone.com.