About the job
We are looking for an exceptional marketer to join the Danone Canada team as a Brand Manager, based in either our Toronto or Boucherville locations. This role will help elevate a group of exciting brands and continue to drive strong growth.
As part of this position, you will be accountable for:
Mission: Manage the set of brands in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Director of Marketing following two major priorities:
- Development of strong marketing programs based on a deep understanding of consumers' needs, expectations, and behaviors for the brands
- Actively participate in the execution of marketing strategy, design, and implementation of plans dedicated to the brands.
- Develop and implement the Brand Marketing strategy for Canada
- Develop and implement the communication plan including traditional media, digital and social media strategy, as well as brand influencer and ambassador programs, in collaboration with external suppliers.
- Develop and implement the in-store activation plan, in collaboration with the sales team.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of the brands and markets concerned (internal data, Nielsen, panels and Ad Hoc studies, competitive intelligence), forecast their changes (sales forecasts) and propose recommendations.
- Manage the brand on a day-to-day basis by developing innovative marketing strategies to implement them and to follow the different execution components (promotion, packaging, price, product, etc.), in collaboration with external suppliers and internal departments, Purchasing, etc);
- Work effectively with Danone Group's global network (including Danone USA);
- Monitor and control the marketing budget (Pub, Pack, Promo, Studies) and its impact on the profitability of its brand.
- Contribute to the development of the Assistant Brand Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor of Business Administration with specialization in Marketing;
- Holding a master’s degree in Marketing, or, and an MBA are assets.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both oral and written;
- Experience in brand management: minimum of 2 years as a brand manager.
- Experience in marketing research and mastery of Nielsen and Homescan tools;
- Rigor, capacity for analysis and synthesis;
- Autonomy, initiative, and flexibility
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have 500+ employees across Canada engaged and energized to deliver Danone’s mission: Bringing health through to food to as many people as possible, by working on strong brands such as Activia, Oikos, Danone, Silk, International Delight and many others Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone Canada doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to cultural background, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressionor age. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone Inc. is committed to complying with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Danone Inc. will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation throughout its recruitment process, to the point of undue hardship, and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded to INFORMATION@danone.com