About the job
About the Job:
We have an amazing opportunity for a Canadian Tax Specialist. The Canadian tax Specialist is a key role in the preparation of tax compliance and reporting for both indirect transactional taxes and income taxes. The position can be based in our office in Boucherville, Québec or Toronto, Ontario.
- Responsible to prepare monthly GST/HST returns
- Responsible to correspond with CRA and Provincial tax jurisdictions regarding inquires, audits and notices
- In charge of vendor & PO creation to assist with budget management
- Responsible of tax installment payments
- Assists in Tax Provision calculations
- Coordinate with service providers with regard to income tax filings and special projects
- Responsible to research Canadian tax laws and regulations
- Withholding Tax Monthly Remittance and NR4 filings
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or tax, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within a corporate finance department, preferably in tax.
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- You are a CPA or hold other professional licenses (preferred but not required).
- You must be able to consistently meet deadlines.
- You can adapt to changes and reprioritize tasks as needed.
- You have excellent MS Excel skills and preferably SAP experience.
- Experience with OneSource tax solutions is also preferred
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have 500+ employees across Canada engaged and energized to deliver Danone’s mission: Bringing health through to food to as many people as possible, by working on strong brands such as Activia, Oikos, Danone, Silk, International Delight and many others Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone Canada doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to cultural background, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or age. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone Inc. is committed to complying with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Danone Inc. will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation throughout its recruitment process, to the point of undue hardship, and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded to INFORMATION@danone.com