About the job
Job Title – Customer Collaboration Manager
Location – Danoners have the personal choice to decide where and how to work! Therefore, we support remote/flexible working for this position. Your place of work will be your home and your nearest Danone regional hub, balancing the nature of your role, the business and stakeholder needs. Danone hubs are located in London, Trowbridge & Birmingham
Salary - Competitive; benefits to include annual bonus, double matched pension, private healthcare, and a fantastic flexible benefits package. More information below.
Context RequiredThe Customer Collaboration Manager is a predominantly external-facing role, responsible for the Supply Chain relationship with given Danone customers: co-building the supply-chain account strategy in collaboration with the commercial teams, overseeing the day to day operations, animating the account performance (CSL, availability, waste and cost) and implementing change and end-to-end improvement initiatives. Being the voice of Danone with the Customer, and the Customer's voice with Danone.
- Define & align the supply chain account strategy for given customers (cost reduction & topline impact) in collaboration with the commercial teams.
- Be the "voice" of the retailer within supply-chain and take responsibility for queries relating to the service package
- Use retailer systems and information to drive KPI performance (service level, availability and waste), and develop action plans in collaboration with customers, wider supply chain and commercial teams, as well as providing root cause analysis, learning, corrective actions.
- Unlock Supply Chain efficiency & manage customer supply chain initiatives
- Plan and chair monthly customers meeting (e.g. 30-60-90)
- Articulate short-term trends and customer insight for demand generation (liaising with the demand planning teams as appropriate)
- Collaborative Forecasting, Planning and Replenishment with customers - aligning demand between Danone and the Customer (base, promotions, events)
- Execute promotions, events, range reviews, discontinuations, seasonal planning with customers
- Manage date-life violations to reduce waste and minimise write-offs
- Responsible for aligning on allocation principles and communication with Customer, Commercial & Supply Planning
- Lead and drive end-to-end initiatives cross-functionally
- Share best practice and insight across the business to drive overall supply chain excellence.
- This role requires limited weekend/bank holiday working on a rota basis (in line with the rest of the Customer Collaboration and Logistics team).
Scope & Impact:
- Influencer of top and bottom line performance (OSA, waste, RTM strategy)
- Drive strong customer collaboration across a wide range of areas (daily replenishment, forecasting, promotions management, route to market)
- Work cross functionally with sales to understand & contribute to the long-term internal customer collaboration strategy
- Cost & topline impact - dependent on level of collaboration with the retailer or project spec
- Internal; Sales, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, IPRO, Logistics
- External; Customers, external companies eg; IGD
- Experience in Supply Chain /Sales / Customer Service, preferably in FMCG organisation
- Excellent communication skills adjusting style to audience
- Ability to move quickly between big picture thinking and detailed, hands-on execution
- Very strong relationship building skills & excellent communication skills
- Experience of building a customer partnership
- Strong Analytical skills - able to interpret data and add insight and relevance to data
- Strong Excel & Powerpoint skills
- Autonomy & pro-activity, challenging and able to influence
Danone is embarking on an exciting global transformation to its strategy and organisational set up and we want you to be part of that journey! The importance of eating and drinking healthy nutritional products is stronger than ever and the chance to adapt and evolve through digital transformation is upon us. We want to embrace these opportunities to build a more agile, integrated and synchronised organisation powered by our people.
We are a leading food and drink company with a fast-growing health-focused portfolio. With over 100 years of expertise, we care about every product we make, and we care equally about how we make them. We operate at 5 production sites as well as offices in the UK & Ireland- led by our people who power everything we do and are key to our success. We are a team of 2000+ Danoners, part of a 100,000 strong global family.
Danone is a people powered business, characterised by trust. We value output and personal contribution, enabling ‘Danoners’ to be their most energised, healthy and productive selves. In working our way, we recognise that work and home life are blended and that it is output that matters, meaning that value creation can be generated from any location in mainland UK, balancing the nature of your role, the business and stakeholder needs.
Our brands include; Volvic, Evian, Harrogate, Activia, Alpro, Actimel, Nutricia, Aptamil and Cow & Gate.
We offer a competitive package including a double matched pension, annual bonus, private healthcare, life assurance and product vouchers. You will also be entitled to opt into a range of flexible benefits which you can pick to suit your lifestyle.
Our mission and values guide how we behave, our flexible ways of working, how we connect with our communities and how we grow & develop our people. This is reflected in our employee offer; for example, our health & wellbeing programme, sponsored volunteering opportunities and in how individuals are enabled to drive their own development.
If you think this role might be of interest, click the link to apply.
You can find further details about us, and other potential roles at www.danone.com.
As Danone is embarking on an exciting global transformation to its strategy and organisational set up this role is therefore being advertised in anticipation of Danone’s proposed organisation design and implementation pending completion of the European consultation process. As such we hope to have new roles start in the business after 1st October once all European consultations have been completed.