About the job
We have an amazing opportunity in our Rockville, Maryland office for a Director, Topline Finance & Operations!
The base compensation range for this position is $150k-$180k. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
The Director, Topline Finance & Operations is a CBU based position that develops and manages topline forecasting, sales data management, customer contracting, reporting and analytics to deliver predictable and insightful sales intelligence to multiple stakeholders. This role will proactively monitor and ensure high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in all topline data collection, data management, planning and forecasting efforts. This role will also be responsible for managing the operating expenses for all sales functions.
1. Business & Strategic Management
• Responsible for Topline Monthly Financial Close.
• Support rolling forecasting process including short and long-term planning, together with Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, that summarizes company business activity and financial position. Responsible for the mid-month and D-2 updates.
• Participate in contract pricing review/approval and in pricing/margin impact analysis.
• Lead and coordinate with topline teams the forecasting process of sales discounts and the impact of Advertising & Promotion spend, and its allocation by customer/category/channel.
• Provide new and innovation product support and tracking. Review and approve the analysis of the business case for new products.
• Represent Finance in category team meetings.
• Support the VP, Finance on needs for the Sales Leadership Team.
• Maintain and expand local business intelligence tools updated on items in his/her scope.
• Support topline performance through ad hoc analysis and recommendations. This includes:
• Advertising & Promotion ROI and/or pricing optimization.
• Results assessment and animation.
• Category/Customer/Channel strategy and P&L impacts.
• Innovation/renovation business case.
2. Sales & Operations Planning (“S&OP”)
• Develop and manage sales forecasting, planning reporting and analytics infrastructure to deliver predictable and insightful sales intelligence to multiple stakeholders
• Ensure planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts properly integrated with other planning processes within the company
• Lead the financial portion of the S&OP meetings to ensure demand alignment with all brands.
• Lead Finance Integration Meeting with brand marketing and sales teams. Put dollars to SKU volumes and provide ASPs prior to the meeting.
• Prepare and present to the Executive GPS.
• Develop key performance metrics to measure and track the activities that support sales productivity. Create and distribute reporting on KPIs, providing analysis and trend identification.
• Compile dashboards for leadership, pulling in various metrics and information, with analysis and recommendations to meet sales objectives.
• Monthly financial reporting.
• Periodic sales trending reporting.
• Channel inventory updates.
• Ad hoc reporting as requested.
4. Data Management
• Work with Business Analysts to maintain data structures, data cleanliness and data quality for all reported sales data.
• Work with Sales and Marketing to ensure completeness and accuracy of data and reporting throughout the functions
• Implement and administer PowerBI, ValuTrak, High Radius and other systems pertaining to sales figures.
• Identify and implement all enabling technology for the Sales and Marketing organizations.
• Develop and maintain contract processes that fulfill requirements of Sales, Marketing, Legal and Finance.
• Work in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Finance to establish agreements with optimal terms and pricing consistent with company strategies.
• Monitor contract performance, calculate rebates and/or incentives and seek proper approval for payment.
• Develop and administer contract performance tracking process.
• Participate in special projects and compile a variety of different reports.
• Ensure compliance of accounting and internal control rules.
• Other duties as assigned.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related area.
• You have 10-12+ years of hands-on finance and/or sales operations experience.
• You have 7-10 years of forecasting, analytic and problem-solving skills and experience.
• You have a proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel.
• You have a proficiency in Sage/MAS and SAP or similar accounting software package.
• You have professional communication skills, both oral and written.
• You have prior supervisory experience (a plus).
• You have budgeting, forecasting and closing knowledge.
• You have excellent knowledge of reporting and data manipulation.
• You have knowledge and management of a business planning and analysis process.
• You have knowledge of and experience with strong accounting and control history.
• You have strong analytical skills.
• You have effective interpersonal skills to work with all levels and types of people, both internally and externally.
• You have effective organizational and time management skills.
• You have trong process improvement and process implementation experience.
• You have strong MS Office skills with advanced Excel skills.
• You have the ability to develop key performance metrics to measure and track the activities that support sales productivity.
• You have the ability to provide analysis and trend identification.
• You have the ability to compile dashboards for leadership, pulling in various metrics and information, with analysis and recommendations to meet sales objectives.
• You have the ability to define and provide relevant information for decisions.
• You have the ability to design and monitor relevant KPIs to drive business performance and project management.
• You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
Nutricia North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion. Please join us in nourishing lives & inspiring a healthier world through food! Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. Learn more @ www.nutricia-na.com