About the job
About the Job
As Senior Brand Manager in the global portfolio & innovation team, you take the lead in the development & implementation of the long term strategy of cross-category plant-based platforms. You co-build the long term category vision of business critical product categories in line with the brand equity vision, taking into account overall company strategy. You take the lead in implementing the long term category strategy in close cooperation with the local marketing and cross-functional teams in order to achieve the expected business results (sales volume, net sales and contribution) for the assigned category(ies).
You are part of the global Plant Based marketing team based in Ghent and report to a Marketing Manager.
About the role
In your role, you will be responsible for the following areas:
Co-building the long-term vision for your category(ies)
- Together with your marketing manager, you define the long term category vision of business critical categories, including breakthroughs, and to lead innovation across categories based on consumer and food trends.
- You gather relevant consumer insights, integrate the consumer perspective and the financial perspective into the category vision in order to have a balanced vision on the category for the 3 year strategic plan and to give direction to product research and development, and to set clear priorities in view of decision-making.
Knowledge building and innovation
- You develop ideas for new products, line extensions or upgrades together with local marketing teams, divisional colleagues (packaging, R&D, etc.) and Supply Chain. You translate the idea into a product concept and pre-product charter, in order to enable effective innovation. You spot strategic opportunities.
Translation in concrete business plans
- In close collaboration with local marketing teams, divisional colleagues (packaging, R&D, legal …) and Supply Chain (operations, CSCO), to elaborate ideas for new products, line extensions or upgrades, to translate them into a product concept, and – upon approval – to elaborate product charters.
- You facilitate cooperation between local and divisional, and to create alignment between the countries and departments in order to enable project management and effective innovation in relation to the assigned product category(ies).
- You keep the speed and the momentum to tackle issues in a proactive and autonomous way in order to reach the defined marketing and business objectives in relation to the assigned product category(ies).
- You take the lead in implementing the category contracts, to follow up and track kpi’s related to packaging, communication… and to lead the quarterly meetings, including priority-setting and preparation, in order to ensure qualitative, straightforward and timely briefings and feedback for toolkit development.
• You hold a Master Degree, preferable in Marketing.
• You have at least 6 years of marketing experience within a Food or FMCG environment.
• You are a conceptual and creative thinker.
• You have experience in building innovation funnels & writing product charters.
• You display strong analytical skills & easily see the story behind the numbers.
• You have excellent Project Management skills.
• You can build a solid story & convey your message in an engaging & impactful manner.
• You are a team player with strong interpersonal & authentic influencing skills.
• You display ownership in everything you do.
• You strongly relate to Alpro’s mission to change how the world eats for the better.
Working here at Alpro you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
Our core values - Humanism, Openness, Proximity and Enthusiasm embody the way we aspire to behave in everything we do. If you are an energetic person who believes in these principles, then Danone is the right company for you! Join our dynamic team and help us make our vision a reality by playing a key role in the performance of Danone and all its brands.
Hit the “apply now” button now. You have until February 4th, 2022. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our career website.
Need more information? Please contact Alice Caviale at email@example.com
* all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.