About the job
Danone Balclutha is looking for a Laboratory Coordinator! You will join a Laboratory team of 4 – part of the wider Quality and Food Safety department, located at our spray-drying plant in Balclutha, Otago. You will be the 2IC to Laboratory Manager and accountable for LIMS systems maintenance, method development and Laboratory documentation/SOP management.
This is a permanent full-time position working Monday – Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm.
- Organise daily workload and work alongside Laboratory Technicians to ensure testing is completed as per required methods/SOPs in a timely manner
- Perform calibration of NIR, FTIR, Ion Chromatography (IC) and Karl Fischer (KF) titration and other Laboratory equipment
- Carry out investigation of customer complaints/NCR related to lab analysis
- Develop, validate, and implement new test methods, perform method validation and verification
- Update SOPs and train Laboratory Technicians and Production team in use of equipment and other technical software
You will have a tertiary qualification in Chemistry/Microbiology/Science or equivalent. You enjoy working in a Laboratory environment and are looking for a step-up opportunity to develop team leadership ability.
To be successful in this role, you will also have:
- Solid experience working in an ISO 17025 accredited Laboratory, experience as a KTP/Senior Technician is a plus
- Excellent operational focus with time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to be a strong team player, work collaboratively with others within the team and across the business
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills
- A problem-solving mindset, ability to deliver results in a time-constraint environment
Danone’s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Each time we eat and drink, we vote for the world we want to live in. We believe a healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Danone Nutricia Specialised Nutrition produces specialty foods for infants and young children, and our mission “We make every day count for you and your baby” gives meaning to everything we do. We operate out of 3 sites in New Zealand in Auckland and Balclutha, where our teams undertake the manufacturing, distribution, and development of our infant milk and toddler supplements with market-leading brands.
Located in the beautiful vista of Greenfield, just 20 minutes from Balclutha in the South Otago region, Danone Nutricia NZ spray drying plant employs state of art European technology to manufacture and package high quality nutritional powders. Our farm-fresh quality NZ milk is collected, delivered, and processed daily ensuring only the best for our consumers. Our operation prides itself on delivering the finest food and ingredients to help stand by the consumers of our products.
- A large canvas to learn and grow in the other areas of the Lab
- Great Benefits and working culture
- Performance bonus
- Annual Salary Review
- Health and Life Insurance fully subsidised
- Endless possibilities to develop and accelerate your career
- A chance to make a difference in our society through Early Nutrition
- A dynamic manager and a high-performing team where you are both challenged and supported
Proving yourself in this role could lead to future opportunities within Danone both locally and abroad. We support our employees to take ownership of developing their career within Danone and encourage moves across (as well as within) our varying functions and businesses. We are passionate about developing and growing our team of leaders, and that could soon include you!
To find out more about Danone please check out our Danone LinkedIn
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to really make this role your own, please hit the APPLY button now!
No Recruitment Agencies please.