About the job
This role is part of our Research Center located in Utrecht and reports directly to the Supervisor Pilot Plant.
Your main responsibilities
In this job, you will work in our Pilot Plant which is in our Research and Innovation center in Utrecht. You are responsible for making the actual product (pilot phase) together with the technologist. With your knowledge of the equipment and the food process you are a vital member of our Specialized Nutrition organization. Together with your colleagues from the Shelf Life department, Food Science & Technology lab and Product & Process development, you strive for continues improvement.
In this role you are the expert on processes and equipment in the pilot plant and you are willing to help and advice colleagues from other departments. You will learn about processes like pasteurization, sterilization, homogenization and filtration. You feel responsible for the products that you work with and are added value to the team due to your skills and knowledge on food processing. You will be responsible for some of the equipment and you have a natural interest in maintenance.
Your other responsibilities are:
- Execution of all sorts of trials requested by Product and Process developers
- Perform maintenance tasks on the equipment available
- Be an active member in cross functional project teams
- Responsible for handling different pilot plant equipment
- Write instructions and trial reports and communicate them internally
- Take care of a safe and pleasant working environment
- Compliance with our food safety requirements (FSSC22000)
We are looking for a hands-on pilot plant technician who has a passion for working within a pilot plant environment and has a natural interest in food ingredients and food processing. Next to that, you bring:
- MBO or HBO Food & Process or similar study and/or VAPRO C with a food background
- You have an open style of communication and are eager to learn
- Proactive mindset is a must
- Experience in food processing is a pre
- Experience in a quality regulated environment (e.g FSSC 22000 / ISO 9001) is a pre
- Interests in technique and maintenance is a pre
- You speak Dutch and English
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone Benelux meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now” button. After your application deadline first feedback will follow within 2 weeks. In case you are invited to the selection process you should expect to receive feedback 2 weeks after each step of the process
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via Share.
Need more information? Please contact Toon Fleminks, Talent Manager Quality and Research & Innovation via Toon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
* all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.