About the job
ABOUT THE JOB:
Quality, efficiency and safety all play a big role in our work at Danone. Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for the Supply Chain team. We have an opening in our corporate engineering team for a Process Engineering Manager. This role can be based at one of our United States based manufacturing facilities. Our plants are located in: Portland, Oregon / Eugene, Oregon / City of Industry, California / Dallas, Texas / Salt Lake City, Utah / Minster, Ohio / Mt Crawford, Virginia / Bridgeton, New Jersey / Dubois, Pennsylvania / Jacksonville, Florida. In this role you will effectively support all current manufacturing processes and work with business stakeholders to design and implement new processes and equipment to improve efficiency, food quality, and food safety. This position develops Preliminary Design presentations for Project evaluation and securing approval. Interfaces with all levels of plant and corporate personnel, contractors, suppliers, marketing, Research & Innovation, QA and legal departments and practices sound technical, communication and negotiation skills that ensure the successful implementation of process improvement project scope and budget.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Extensive process knowledge in Dairy beverage and cultured products, Batching/Blending, HTST (High Temperature Short Time), HHST (Higher Heat Shorter Time), UHT (Ultra High Temperature), Centrifugal Separators, Membrane Filtration (Micro Filtration, Ultra Filtration, Nano Filtration and Reverse Osmosis), Homogenizers, 3A, FDA, PMO.
- Expertise in Equipment and piping cleaning and sanitation: CIP, COP, SIP, Sterilization, Disinfection
- Expertise in Membrane Filtration Equipment for Water, Dairy and Plant Based Applications.
- Understand and document current processes, identify areas for improvement, develop solutions for future states including automation, where applicable, and implement sustaining improvements
- Optimize current processes to meet all customer, regulatory, and internal requirements
- Proficient in visual communication of relevant information to Operations, including the reporting of historical events / trends to support root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated Project Management experience in placing new equipment and processes into operation is required
- Must practice proven decision making skills, working effectively under pressure, and possessing the integrity to make the right decisions
- Responsible for the overall project budget inclusive of managing accurate cash flow through purchase orders and invoice receiving using SAP
- Utilize contracted resources to ensure the correct expertise is fully utilized to achieve project scope
- Effective in delegating project tasks ensuring that key project initiatives/objectives, scope, budget and timelines are uninterrupted and met
- Develop relationships and solicit input into process improvement design considerations from key technical resources, plant operations managers, supervisors, maintenance personnel, and operators to facilitate the seamless process improvement project implementation into operation
- Proficient in Material and Services procurement skills including developing Requests For Proposals (RFP), negotiating contracts (performance guarantees, payment terms, etc.), creating Purchase Orders, and receiving invoices using SAP
- Development of internal policies, guidelines, standards, technical specifications, procedures, documentation and facilitating training on current and new processes across the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid engineering technical base refined with broad corporate and plant experience
- Yogurt processing [Set Type, Stirred Type, and Drink Type], including starter injection, Pasteurization, Homogenization, De-aeration, HHST Treatment, Membrane Filtration, Flavoring, Cooling,
- Strong knowledge of plant operations, utilities, maintenance, and Dairy Beverage and Yogurt processing [including raw ingredient storage, ingredient delivery, batching (ingredient incorporation), Processing (Sterilization), and Clean-In-Place (CIP) equipment and methods]
- Technical Knowledge and Experience on Membrane Filtration Equipment for Water, Dairy and Plant Based Applications.
- Process Safety Design and Machinery Safety Directive Knowledge and Experience.
- Possess an intuitive, common sense approach to addressing technical opportunities
- Facilitate process feasibility studies and plant operations impact studies, including completion of design concepts, plant layouts, and capital estimates
- Develop process engineering documentation including plant layouts, equipment specifications, design of experiments (DOE), process standards, and process best practices
- Ability to analyze, compare, and recommend process engineering proposals
- Thorough hands-on knowledge of:
- Block and Process Flow Diagrams
- Sequence of Operations
- Change Management
- Design Management
- Six Sigma
- Lean Manufacturing
- Process Functional Analysis/Description Development.
- You have a Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited College or University, required.
- You have a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years Process Engineering Project experience required, preferably in CPG beverage/food manufacturing.
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with yogurt processes, 10+ years preferred. Plant Based Beverage (PBB) experience a plus
- A Project Management Certification and / or a Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification(s) is a plus.
- You have strong process engineering knowledge with mechanical/electrical/controls aptitude
- You are highly self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- You are able to communicate effectively across all levels within organization
- You can work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others and flexible to consider additional information or ideas when formulating solutions
- You have the ability to use knowledge, facts, data and professional insights to effectively solve problems and put in place best practice solutions
- You are exceptionally organized and self-disciplined to accommodate the management of concurrent multiple projects
- You are a fast learner and quickly adapts to change
- You have AutoCAD and MS Project knowledge.
- You have fully developed written and oral presentation skills
- You have a solid understanding of food safety regulations – PMO, 3A and FDA Food Safety knowledge / experience required and solid understanding of Safety and Environmental regulations – OSHA, EPA and CFR.
- Formal Management of Change (MOC) experience is a plus
- Experience and working knowledge of Allen Bradley/ Rockwell PLC programming a plus
- Travel required up to 45% or as required by the project’s success and schedule.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. #LI-NORAM