About the job
About the Job:
The Product Developer, Plant Based Global Acceleration, as part of the Plant Based Center of Excellence, is responsible for collaborating with Danone Global Business Units to enable the growth of winning plant-based beverages, yogurts, and other food applications based on consumer and market understanding. The developer will be responsible of enabling Danone Global Business Units through transfer and implementation of existing technologies, the design of new product & processes, the process capability analysis of potential internal and external manufacturing partners, and post launch follow up. The role encompasses leading product and process development programs across breakthrough innovation, renovation and productivity. This position involves strong interactions with internal cross functional teams, external suppliers, and co-manufacturers at a global scale. Also involved is hands on bench and analytical work, pilot plant work, managing formula cost and specifications (ingredients and product & process), conducting and coordinating industrial tests in plants, and assisting in industrial audits and scale-up. The candidate must be able to represent R&I interests within the company during all projects and cross-functional interactions.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Supporting the global expansion of Danone’s Plant Based Food & Beverage Global Business through technical leadership, product and process support and design, and training initiatives.
- Managing projects according STAGE GATE PROCESS methodology.
- Identify, define, and develop process capabilities in support of Plant Based Beverage and Yogurt local and global programs.
- Working closely with global R&I, corporate engineering, and manufacturing to identify potential co-manufacturers to launch plant-based foods and beverages.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities to reduce overall production costs, while improving overall manufacturing efficiency.
- Executing process capability analysis for potential plant-based foods and beverage of internal and external manufacturing partners.
- Supporting plant based foods and beverage technical trainings across the Danone Global Business.
- Responsible for the process development support of project across the business unit as needed including the creation of process flow maps, mass balances, and process design scopes.
- Designing pilot trials, organize tasting sessions with Marketing, and draw conclusions and recommendations for next steps.
- Collaborating with suppliers to obtain best results for product and process development (brief suppliers and follow up on their progress)
- Realize scale up / industrialization with R&I, Engineering, and Manufacturing departments.
- Participate as an R&I representative for process commissioning and product launch/start up by preparing all specifications related to product and process line (except packaging) and ensure that all documentation needed is available prior to start up.
- Develop and manage project timelines, ensuring that all project milestones are met.
- Network with Danone global R&I community to share in best practices.
The base compensation range for this position is $72,000-107,000 (commensurate with experience). Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Food Science or closely related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Product and/or Process Development within a corporate R&D in the food industry or closely related is strongly preferre
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical skills on product formulation, industrial processes, and product-process interactions; preferred in-depth knowledge on dairy and non-dairy based emulsions and gels.
- Flexibility to travel (40-50%)
- Strong project management/organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual candidate is a plus.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and able to train staff.
- Proficient in product development systems and general computer skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software including Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint. Knowledge in statistical software – i.e. Minitab is a plus.
- Solid technical and theoretical knowledge of process engineering and manufacturing scale up (bench scale to pilot scale and/or full manufacturing)
- Experience identifying key manufacturing process conditions and developing process flow diagrams and processing procedures and specifications
- Comfortable and passionate about creating, rapid prototyping, development and commercialization of ideas under tight timelines.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU. Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c .pdf