About the job
Retail Development Specialist – Danone Canada
We are looking to fill a Retail Development Specialist position that will support South Calgary and surrounding areas. Danone Canada is among one of the most responsible companies, whether in relation to the community, its stakeholders, or employees. Danone Canada offers for its employee’s excellent benefits and working conditions. Moreover, as a Retail Development Specialist, a company car will be provided to you.
Overall Mission: As a Retail Development Specialist for Danone, you will be responsible of an assigned territory, the achievement of objectives, including Danone visibility and product availability, sales targets, the improvement of Danone’s brands positioning, the customer frequency coverage, the implementation of priorities and initiatives of customer business teams, and the rate of introduction of new products.
• Identify and create sales opportunities following the analysis of customer needs.
• Develop and maintain business relationships.
• Plan and negotiate animations (tastings, competitions) in stores.
• Review and compare prices, retail margins and the competitors’ activities, on a regular basis.
• Interpret data store (POS) as well as those of the, to increase both sales of existing programs and create additional sales opportunities.
• Maintain good relations with the stores to ensure optimal implementation banners programs.
• Proactively manage and negotiate product visibility on display and on the shelves.
• Be creative, think outside the box and be a team player who is not afraid to share and learn from others (we draw inspiration from each other).
• Influencing preorders in store.
• Cover your territory effectively and perform administrative tasks (current management).
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
• University Degree in Business Administration or other relevant field.
• Strong interest in the CPG industry.
• Communication, Customer Support, and Problem-Solving skills
• Ability to work independently to manage time and priorities.
• Strategic Planning capabilities
• Strong fact-based selling skills.
• Data savvy.
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have 500+ employees across Canada engaged and energized to deliver Danone’s mission: Bringing health through to food to as many people as possible, by working on strong brands such as Activia, Oikos, Danone, Silk, International Delight and many others Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone Canada doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to cultural background, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or age. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.