About the job
About the Job:
The Research & Innovation (“R&I”) User Experience team is passionate about designing delicious, superior experiences for our consumers. By joining this team, you will use your technical and empathetic expertise to bring health through food, meet the needs of consumers and nurture growth in the business.
The User Experience Scientist is responsible for overseeing all sensory and consumer testing for key projects in Danone North America’s Plant-Based & Beverage businesses. This position involves strong interactions with internal cross functional teams and external suppliers, including Danone R&I community Worldwide.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Driving consumer and sensory research programs across multiple product categories, with an emphasis on agile and flexible tools to drive innovation
- Identifying and translating consumer insights into actionable technical applications and broader business implications
- Influencing business leaders to ensure best path forward based upon research results
- Designing learning plans and overseeing the execution of various consumer product tests, including central location tests, descriptive analysis, discrimination testing, and qualitative / observational methodologies
- Representing the voice of the consumer to influence innovation pipelines and identify opportunities to improve consumer product experience
- Developing and managing supplier relationships for consumer and sensory testing
- Networking with global R&I community to share and bring in best practices
The base compensation range for this position is $75,000-99,000. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food science, Psychology, or related field with significant work experience in sensory and consumer testing and/or Master’s Degree in Food Science; Sensory Science or closely related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in CPG industry, the majority in food
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can use technical depth to pivot as business needs change
- Demonstrated ability to influence business teams to drive impactful solutions
- Strong technical knowledge and relevant experience in qualitative and quantitative consumer testing, sensory testing, and/or innovative methods; experience in child research and plant-based category a plus
- Strong understanding of statistics and research analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong project & time management/organization skills
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf