DANONE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Danone knows that you care how your personal data is used and we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement explains how Danone S.A. and all its subsidiaries (“Danone”) acting as Data Controller collect and manage your personal data when you visit our career website. It contains information on what data we collect, how we use it, why we need it and how it can benefit you.
If you want to know more about DANONE S.A and its subsidiaries (“DANONE”), please visit https://www.danone.com/.
For information on how we process your personal data when you apply to a job, please refer to the Candidate Privacy Statement.
BASIC PRINCIPLES AND OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
At Danone we are committed to protecting your right to privacy. We aim to protect any personal data we hold, to manage your personal data in a responsible way and to be transparent in our practices. Your trust is important to us. We have therefore committed ourselves to the following basic principles:
- You have no obligation to provide any personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with some services;
- We only collect and process your data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or for specific purposes that we share with you and/or that you have consented to;
- We aim to collect, process and use as little personal data as possible;
- When we do collect your personal data, we aim to keep it as accurate and up to date as possible;
- If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
- Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
By personal data, we refer to any information about a person from which that person can be identified. This does not include data for which the identity has been deleted (anonymous data).
The personal data we collect varies depending upon the purpose of the collection and the product or service we are providing you.
Generally, we may collect the following types of personal data from you directly:
- Personal contact details, such as your name, email address, telephone, country of residence, among others in case you subscribe to a job alert. We may also collect your social media identifiers if you provided consent to Danone to use your social media posts (as provided in the Terms and Conditions);
- Browser history, such as pages accessed, date of access, location when accessed, and IP address;
- If ever you apply for employment with us, we will collect additional personal data, such as your professional experience, education, languages, jobs of interest, geographic mobility, etc… To know more about the way we collect and manage your personal data in this context, please refer to our Candidate Privacy Statement.
We may also collect personal data about you indirectly when you share content on social media pages, websites or applications related to our services or in response to our promotional advertisement on social media.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal data so we can provide you with the best online experience. In particular, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal basis:
|To enable you to access and use the website||The performance of an agreement.|
|To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our job alerts or other communications;
To provide personalized content like relevant jobs or content;
To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of visitors, in order to improving our website;
To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you in order to answer your question, requests and applications;
To develop and improve our services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
|Danone’s legitimate interest*.
*We believe the risk to your data protection rights in connection with personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests is not excessive or overly intrusive. We have also put in place protections for your rights by ensuring proper retention periods and security controls.
|To improve the safety and security of our website and to verify your identity and prevent fraud or any other illegal or unauthorized activities, and to comply with other legal obligations.||The respect of a legal obligation|
|Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process your personal data in the context of an account creation for subscribing to job alerts or applying to a job with us.
Where appropriate, we will also ask for your consent for Danone to use your social media posts.
* Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in your User Account.
When we collect and use your personal data for purposes mentioned above or for other purposes, we will inform you before or at the time of collection.
If in accordance with the applicable regulation of your country of residence consent is needed to collect and process your personal data, you agree and accept that by registering to our site for receiving information on available positions, you provide us with the necessary consent. In these cases, we may also process your personal information, without your consent, but always as permitted by and in compliance with the applicable laws.
Where we process your personal data, according to applicable legislation, you might be entitled to a number of rights and, when applicable, you can exercise these rights at any point. We have provided an overview of these rights below together with what this entails for you.
You can exercise your rights, when eligible to, directly in your User Account or via the list of contacts for each country at the end of this document.
Please note that if you delete your Account, you won’t be able to use and access certain sections of the Website anymore, nor receive job alerts you subscribed for.
In the context of a job application, if you decide to delete your User Account, Danone will be unable to assess your compatibility with the job position, which might result in the rejection of your application. For more information on how we process your personal data when you apply to a job, please refer to the Candidate Privacy Statement.
Specifically, the rights you might be entitled to are the following:
The right to access your personal data and correction
You may have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time.
The right to deletion of your personal data
You may have right to request that we delete your data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which we collected it; or
- you withdraw the consent that you had previously given us to process your personal data, and there is no other legal ground to process that personal data; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for Danone’s legitimate interests (such as improving overall user experience on websites);
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully; or your personal data needs to be deleted to comply with the law.
The right to withdraw your consent
When we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that took place prior to this withdrawal.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use and access certain sections of the Website anymore, nor receive job alerts you subscribed for.
In the context of a job application, if you decide to withdraw your consent, Danone may be unable to assess your compatibility with the job position, which might result in the rejection of your application. For more information on how we process your personal data when you apply to a job, please refer to the Candidate Privacy Statement.
The right to restriction of processing
You may have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if
- you do not believe the personal data we have about you is accurate; or
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully, but instead of deleting the personal data, you would prefer us to restrict processing instead; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes we collected it, but you require the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have objected to the processing of your personal data and are awaiting verification on whether your interests related to that objection outweigh the legitimate grounds for processing your data.
The right to object to processing
You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time.
The right to object profiling
You may have the right to object to any profiling.
The right to data portability
Your personal data may be portable. This means it may be moved, copied or transmitted electronically. However, this right only applies where:
- a) The processing is based on your consent;
- b) The processing takes place for the performance of a contract;
- c) The processing takes place by automated means.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You may have the right to lodge a complaint directly with supervisory authority about how we process your personal data.
In some other countries and in accordance to local laws and regulation you might have additional rights such as provide us with instructions on the use of your personal data after your death.
In all cases, if the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We understand that the security of your personal data is important. We make our best efforts to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented a number of security measures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt personal data. Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When we share your personal data with our affiliates, other organizations or trusted third parties, we make sure we only do so with organizations that safeguard and protect your personal data and comply with applicable privacy laws in the same or similar way that we do.
Trusted third parties may assist us in providing IT services, such as platform providers, hosting services, maintenance and support on our databases as well as on our software and applications that may contain data about you or to perform on our behalf the statistical analyses associated with the use of the career website.
Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement. We may, however, share your data when required by law and/or government authorities.
SHARING DATA INTERNATIONALLY
Our servers are located in the EU. Personal data may be processed outside your country of residence, including outside of the EEA (for example when creating an account to manage your registration and/or subscription to our job alerts or other communications).
This may also be the case in the context of a job application, where you can decide to share your personal data with recruiters outside your country of residence.
As a result, your personal data may be subject to the law of jurisdictions other than your jurisdiction.
Therefore, you agree and accept that if you provide us with your personal data to receive job alerts or to apply to an specific position, you consent on the transfer of your personal data as described herein.
In all cases, Danone will make sure that this cross-border data processing is protected by adequate safeguards in accordance with the guidelines and recommendations of the relevant authorities.
If you want to know more about DANONE S.A and its subsidiaries (“DANONE”), please visit https://www.danone.com/.
We may process your personal data for profiling purposes to predict your behavior on our website or jobs and content that may be of interest to you.
When we send or display personalized communications, content, job opportunities, we may use some techniques qualified as “profiling” (i.e. any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of using those data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s personal preferences, interests, professional experience, skills, economic situation, behavior, location, reliability, or movements).
This means that we may collect personal data about you through cookies. We centralize this data and analyze it to evaluate and predict your personal preferences, skills and/or interests for a position. For more information around cookies please refer to our Cookie Statement.
Based on our analysis, we send or display communications and/or content tailored to your interests/needs. You may have the right to object to the use of your personal data for “profiling” in certain circumstances. Please see “Your Rights” section above.
You are also free to contact us via the list of contacts for each country at the end of this document.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We will only retain your personal data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which we collected it, including to comply with any legal or accounting requirement.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we take into account the quantity, nature and sensitivity of personal data, the potential risk of harm resulting from the unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and the possibility of attaining those purposes by other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements.
After the established deadlines, the data is either deleted or retained after being anonymized, especially for statistical purposes. It may be retained in case of pre-litigation and litigation. It should be noted that deletion or anonymization are irreversible operations, and that Danone is no longer able, thereafter, to restore this data.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- a) Information about your device browser and operating system;
- b) The IP address of the device you are using;
- c) Web pages of ours that you view;
- d) Links that you click while interactive with our services.
Please see our Cookie Statement for more information on this regard.
Supplemental Privacy Statement for Californian residents
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or the processing of your personal data, or if you want to make a request regarding any of your data subject rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or the processing of your personal data, or if you want to make a request regarding any of your data subject rights, please contact us via the list of contacts for each country below:
Any other job-related question must be logged in the career website.
- Argentina : Compliance.CONOSUR@danone.com
- Austria: Talent-Team-Dach@danone.com
- Baltics (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania): privacy.candidate-BALTICS@danone.com
- Bulgaria: email@example.com
- Belgium: privacyHR.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brazil: email@example.com
- Czech Republic: firstname.lastname@example.org
- France: email@example.com
- Germany: Talent-Team-Dach@danone.com
- Greece: privacy.candidateITGR@danone.com
- Hungary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indonesia : Admin.HRGroupe@danone.com
- Netherlands: privacyHR.email@example.com
- Malaysia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mexico: Compliance.MX@danone.com
- NORAM (US and Canada): Compliance-NORAM@Danone.com
- Nordics (Sweden, Norway Finland, Denmark): privacy.candidate-NORDICS@danone.com
- Poland: Iod.email@example.com
- Portugal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Romania: email@example.com
- Singapore: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spain: email@example.com
- Slovakia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switzerland: Talent-Team-Dach@danone.com
- United Kingdom: DanonePrivacy.UKMB@danone.com
- Uruguay: Compliance.CONOSUR@danone.com
- For Alpro France, Netherlands, Germany, UK and Belgium: email@example.com
You can also contact Danone Corporate using the following email address: HRprivacy.firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer using the following email address: email@example.com
Data Protection officer
17 boulevard Haussmann
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Danone is free to modify this Privacy Statement periodically to reflect the evolution of our practices in this area. When we modify this Privacy Statement, we also change the “Last Updated” date at the top of the first page. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be updated on how Danone protects your data.
This privacy statement was last updated on November 2020.