About the job
Work in close collaboration with marketing to build a locally relevant and attractive inno/reno brand pipeline that contributes to the strategy and growth of Danone Japan. Own and lead the product development process to secure the timely, sustainable and profitable delivery of this pipeline in line with Danone mission and vision.
• Ensure the delivery of new product developments within business objectives with focus on cost, quality and time.
• Bring product development expertise through his/her own experience as well as from suppliers, to ensure successful and consumer-preferred products, scale up/ industrialization and launches conforming to project brief and specification.
• Ensure that all new developments are compliant with all requirements: claim, regulatory, food safety, industrial property.
• Promote spirit of innovation through various networks: suppliers, R&I community, academia, convention
• Lead the development, implementation and launch process for renovation, innovation, productivity and quality related projects for the brands under his/her responsibility in accordance with Danone mission and principles.
• Be actively involved in the ideation stage and contribute to creating a robust and relevant inno/reno portfolio for Danone Japan.
• Arrange and coordinate the execution of pilot trials. Plan, organize, conduct and follow up industrial trials. Collect, analyze and present the relevant analytical data, provide assistance during launch period and afterwards, carry out a formal hand over to industrial department.
• Actively participate in solving problems that occur during production and projects related to the optimization of production technologies and/or quality.
• Build close network and collaboration with key ingredient suppliers and look for synergies in terms of innovation and renovation ideas as well as relevant technological solution to implement for ongoing projects.
• Build strong network within international Danone R&I community and foster collaboration, exchange of ideas, know-how and best practices.
Dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible, Danone is a leading global food & beverage company built on three businesses: Essential Dairy and Plant-Based Products, Waters and Specialized Nutrition. At Danone, we aim to inspire healthier and more sustainable eating and drinking practices, in line with our vision - Danone, One Planet. One Health - which reflects a strong belief that the health of people and the health of the planet are interconnected. We deliberately concentrate on high-growth and health-focused categories, and commit to operating in an efficient, sustainable and responsible manner. Check out the link below to find out more about Danone in Japan. http://www.danone.co.jp/ Danone Japan is a certified B Corporation and is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Marital Status / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity Danone Japan doesn't just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We're proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.